NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc., a subsidiary of Nunatsiavut Group of Companies (NGC), is seeking a Carpenter’s Assistant for its 2018 operations. Successful candidates will be placed on an eligibility list for employment for this project or any other projects NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc. may have. The type and amount of work depends on the ongoing activities and contracts awarded to NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc.
- Loads and unloads construction materials and moves materials to work areas.
- Erects and dismantles concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Mixes, pours and spreads materials such as concrete and asphalt.
- Removes rubble and other debris
- Assists in demolishing buildings
- Three years experience in general construction
- Demonstrated experience as a Carpenter’s Helper
- Aptitude in carpentry skills
- Safety and environmental certificates in:
- Standard First Aid
- First Aid
- Confined Space
- Environmental Awareness
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Good work ethic.
- Follows instruction well.
- Attention to detail.
- Registered as a Carpenter’s apprentice with at least 2000 hours.
Preference will be given to beneficiaries of the Labrador Inuit Land Claim Agreement. Applicants are asked to clearly state their beneficiary status on their cover letter or resume when applying.
Salary based on qualifications and experience. Qualified and interested candidates please forward your resume by April 30, 2018 to:
NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc.
P.O. Box 1000, Stn. B
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Attention: Sevilla Hope