Nunatsiavut Constructionis seeking Labourers to work in communities in Labrador. These positions require general knowledge of construction and tools. You must be detail oriented and able to work efficiently within a team as well as independently.
- The Laborer performs tasks involving physical labor at building, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition sites.
- Measures, marks, and records openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Other related construction duties as required
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Basic knowledge of Construction and tools
- Fall protection, first aid and WHMIS training are assets
Preference will be given to beneficiaries of the Labrador Inuit Land Claims Agreement. Applicants are asked to clearly state their beneficiary status on their cover letter or resume when applying. Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal records check.
Salary based on qualifications and experience. Qualified and interested candidates please forward your resumes by April 30, 2018 to:
NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc.
P.O. Box 1000, Stn. B
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Attention: Sevilla Hope