Employment Opportunity – Assistant Construction Manager
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Safety and Environmental Certificates in:
- Standard First Aid
- Environmental Awareness
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Powerline Hazards
- Fall Arrest
Upload your resume
Preference will be given to beneficiaries of the Labrador Inuit Land Claim Agreement. Applicants are asked to clearly state their beneficiary status on their cover letter or resume when applying.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate must be a resident of or willing to relocate to the Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Nl area. Qualified and interested candidates please forward your resume by March 29, 2019.
Use the form below or mail to:
NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc.
P.O. Box 1000, Stn. B
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Attention: Sevilla Hope
The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Read our latest newsletter
The newsletter is available here. A limited number of copies will be available in print. NGC plans to produce a newsletter twice a year, once during the summer and again in December. To provide feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our team
DEADLINE EXTENDED: NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc., a subsidiary of Nunatsiavut Group of Companies (NGC), is seeking a Carpenter for its 2019 operations.