Employment Opportunity – Assistant Construction Manager
NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc. (NCI), a subsidiary of Nunatsiavut Group of Companies (NGC), is seeking an Assistant Construction Manager based out of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. This position reports to NCI General Manager.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Safety and Environmental Certificates in:
- Standard First Aid
- Environmental Awareness
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Powerline Hazards
- Fall Arrest
Upload your resume
Preference will be given to beneficiaries of the Labrador Inuit Land Claim Agreement. Applicants are asked to clearly state their beneficiary status on their cover letter or resume when applying.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate must be a resident of or willing to relocate to the Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Nl area. Qualified and interested candidates please forward your resume by May 25, 2018.
Use the form below or mail to:
NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc.
P.O. Box 1000, Stn. B
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Attention: Sevilla Hope
The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join our team
Nunatsiavut Marine Inc. operates the passenger vessel MV Northern Ranger, and has a seasonal opening for the position 3rd Mate. The company offers a competitive salary, a crew relief system, paid travel to and from home, and the excitement of working in a fast paced customer service environment. Join our team, and come experience the adventure and beauty of the rugged Coast of Labrador.
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the 3rd Mate is responsible for maintaining the bridge navigational and communications equipment as well as assisting with the vessel’s piloting, navigation, safety and small boat operations. This position is based on a 6 week on 3 week off rotation flying in/out of Happy Valley-Goose Bay.