Employment Opportunity – Carpenter
NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc., a subsidiary of Nunatsiavut Group of Companies (NGC), is seeking a Carpenter for its 2019 operations. Successful candidates will be placed on an eligibility list for employment for this project or any other projects NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc. may have. The type and amount of work depends on the ongoing activities and contracts awarded to NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Builds foundations, installs floor beams, lays subflooring and erects walls and roof systems.
- Fits and installs trim items.
- Maintains, repairs and renovates residences and wooden structures.
- Supervises apprentices and other construction workers.
- Utilizes material efficiently so as to prevent waste.
- Journeyperson in the Carpenter trade preferred or a combination of over five years work experience in the trade and some high school, college, or industry courses.
- 10,000 hours experience as a carpenter
- Safety and environmental certificates in:
- Standard First Aid
- First Aid
- Confined Space
- Environmental Awareness
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Good work ethic.
- Follows instruction well.
- Attention to detail.
Prior carpentry experience.
Upload your resume
Preference will be given to beneficiaries of the Labrador Inuit Land Claims Agreement. Applicants are asked to clearly state their beneficiary status on their cover letter or resume when applying.
Salary based on qualifications and experience. Qualified and interested candidates please forward your resume by March 29, 2019 to:
Sevilla Hope, e-mail email@example.com
Use the form below or mail to:
NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc.
P. O. Box 1000, Stn. B
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1E0
Read our latest newsletter
The newsletter is available here. A limited number of copies will be available in print. NGC plans to produce a newsletter twice a year, once during the summer and again in December. To provide feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our team
DEADLINE EXTENDED: NGC Nunatsiavut Construction Inc. (NCI), a subsidiary of Nunatsiavut Group of Companies (NGC), is seeking an Assistant Construction Manager based out of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. This position reports to NCI General Manager.