Employment Opportunity – Fixed-Term Chef
Through a historic agreement between the Innu and Inuit of Labrador, together with PAL Airlines, Air Borealis is an airline all can take great pride in. As a company, we have a deep respect and connection to the community, to the environment, and to the people of the North. And we take our corporate responsibility to provide sustainable air transportation, and the highest level of customer service, to heart.
The Torngat Mountain National Park – An Inuit Homeland, one of the last untamed, unspoiled places left on earth. Comprised of 9,700 square kilometers of spectacular wilderness, the Park stretches north from Saglek Fjord to the northern tip of Labrador, and westward from the Atlantic seacoast to the Québec border. It’s a land of mountains, polar bears, small glaciers, and caribou, where the Inuit hunt, fish, and travel as their ancestors did. Come explore one of the most captivating places on earth.
Air Borealis is currently seeking a Fixed-Term Chef for the Torngat Mountains Project. This position would be located at the Torngat Mountain base camp for the approximate duration of July 13 – September 1.
- Consults the established budget and plans the camp menus for the duration of the camp period;
- Orders food and kitchen supplies for the full duration of the camp occupation;
- Organizes the kitchen staff and plans for the delivery of the meals;
- Ensures safe food handling procedures as well as sanitation within the kitchen;
- Supervises the kitchen staff in their various functions including making bread and pastries, traditional food as well as an alternate menu choice;
- Ensures that food meets quality standards;
- Exercises portion control within the budget allocated;
- Follows all safety rules and regulations as applicable to the kitchen and supporting structures;
- Prepares specific meals for the camp occupants;
- Implements a quality control process to ensure camp occupants are satisfied with their meals;
- Performs other duties as required.
5+ years’ experience as a chef in the hospitality industry;
Previous experience working in a remote location;
Creativity in incorporating local ingredients and creating unique culinary concepts;
Ability to adapt menu as per dietary restrictions;
A drive for excellence in the guest experience;
Strong understanding of menu creation and cost evaluation;
Ability to lead & communicate effectively with a team.
Qualified individuals can apply online via:
Air Borealis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Read our latest newsletter
The newsletter is available here. A limited number of copies will be available in print. NGC plans to produce a newsletter twice a year, once during the summer and again in December. To provide feedback, email us at email@example.com.
Join our team
NGC is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our growing team in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. Apply now!