Employment Opportunity – Fixed-Term Base Camp Manager
Through a historic agreement between the Innu and Inuit of Labrador, together with PAL Airlines, Air Borealis is an airline all can take great pride in. As a company, we have a deep respect and connection to the community, to the environment, and to the people of the North. And we take our corporate responsibility to provide sustainable air transportation, and the highest level of customer service, to heart.
The Torngat Mountain National Park – An Inuit Homeland, one of the last untamed, unspoiled places left on earth. Comprised of 9,700 square kilometers of spectacular wilderness, the Park stretches north from Saglek Fjord to the northern tip of Labrador, and westward from the Atlantic seacoast to the Québec border. It’s a land of mountains, polar bears, small glaciers, and caribou, where the Inuit hunt, fish, and travel as their ancestors did.
Air Borealis is currently seeking a Fixed-Term Base Camp Manager for the Torngat Mountains Project. This position would be located at the Torngat Mountain base camp for the approximate duration of July 13 – September 1.
- Receives Clients on arrival, ensure that guests receive camp orientation and safety briefing;
- Ensures highest levels of customer satisfaction and guest experiences are consistently achieved;
- Supervise Camp construction (seasonal tents) and system start-up (eco-nomad, hot water, water supply, sewage system, kitchen equipment, bear fence) including pre-season maintenance, technical assistance will be provided;
- Develop staffing schedules;
- Ensure safe, efficient and smooth operation of Base Camp including accommodations, kitchen, water;
- Ensure Base Camp is maintained in a ‘Client Ready’ fashion at all times;
- Coordinate operation of marine assets;
- Works with head cook to ensure fresh food is ordered and delivered to Base Camp;
- Coordinates staffing and other resources for Client excursions;
- Communicate daily reports to the Air Borealis project management team;
- Adhere to the program budget and communicate cost to the Air Borealis Controller;
- Ensure that Clients receive the quality experiences included in the package;
- Ensure that Base Camp Clients receive a high quality of customer service from Base Camp staff;
- Ensure coordination of Parks Canada programming, Base Camp programming, and asset management to deliver on Client expectations as purchased;
- Communicate with Clients regarding weather delays for programming and travel to/from Base Camp;
- Assemble/disassemble Base Camp tents and bear fence;
- Inventory equipment;
- Store equipment for winter;
- Winterize mechanical equipment;
- Mobilize/Demobilize marine assets;
- Report on season operations;
- Other duties as required.
Previous management experience in the adventure tourism industry;
Experience in a program management role;
Previous experience working in remote locations;
A drive for excellence in the guest experience;
Creative in overcoming organizational or resource obstacles;
Ability to effectively manage employees and guest;
Ability to multi task and maintain a strong attention to detail.
Qualified individuals can apply online via:https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=03260d95-ec69-4efe-bf94-e3498c60d919&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=255253&source=CC3&lang=en_CA Air Borealis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Read our latest newsletter
The newsletter is available here. A limited number of copies will be available in print. NGC plans to produce a newsletter twice a year, once during the summer and again in December. To provide feedback, email us at email@example.com.
Join our team
Air Borealis is currently seeking a Hospitality Coordinator for the Torngat Mountains Project. Apply Now!