• Load/unload freight to/from containers, trailers, vehicles, vessels, either manually or by using equipment such as reach stackers, front end loaders, forklifts, pallet jacks, or straps, at a pace that meets or exceeds productivity goals and standards;
• Ensure the operating safety of all machinery and report and any deficiencies or other unsafe working conditions to the immediate supervisor;
• Measure, weight, sort, and organise incoming freight, while recording information relevant for billing purposes;
• Warehousing, storing, and loading cargo in a manner relevant to the order of ports of call;
• Freight handling will include sorting, wrapping goods, repacking and labelling, pallet repair and other duties;
• Greet visitors; ascertain nature of business and direct customers to the appropriate person or department;
• May record data, and other information; record and report any notable damages to incoming or outgoing freight;
• May be required to work outside of regular hours, including weekends and evenings
• Other duties as assigned by the employer.
• Heavy Equipment Certification or Class 1 Drivers License with 1-2 years of working experience. Combination of related education and/or experience will be considered.
• Forklift Safety & Operation Training
• Ability to work in a faced paced environment
• Ability to work well as a team member and independently
• Knowledge of Safe Work Practices
• Air brakes certificate
• Experience working with Marine shore-based operations
Resumes and certificates can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nunatsiavut Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer; however, preference will be given to qualified beneficiaries of the Labrador Inuit Land Claims Agreement.