Nunatsiavut Group of Companies (NGC) is the business arm of the Nunatsiavut Government. Reporting to the Labrador Inuit Capital Strategy Trust, NGC’s Mission is to create wealth in trust for Nunatsiavut Beneficiaries by owning profitable, sustainable businesses. Our business lines include marine transportation, air transportation, commercial real estate, construction, remote camp operations, logistics, and heavy civil. NGC has fully-owned businesses and also is a partner in several ventures through majority and minority ownership positions. NGC brings capacity and expertise to projects in Labrador and beyond. Please enjoy our website – we hope to serve you in business soon.
NGC’s operations include fully-owned businesses and partnerships.
- Nunatsiavut Construction, which has substantial interests and expertise in the residential and commercial/industrial field.
- Nunatsiavut Marine shore-side services for the north coast Labrador passenger and freight service. NMI is also involved in a joint partnership with Integrated Logistics to support barge operations to the Voisey’s Bay Mine Site.
- Goose Bay Capital Corporation (GBCC) owns a 326-acre land assembly in Happy Valley Goose Bay, which is being developed as a commercial and residential town centre.
- Nunak Land Corporation owns commercial properties in Nain, Hopedale, Makkovik, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
- Nuluak is NGC’s fishing entity which has shrimp, turbot, and crab quotas. The shrimp and turbot quotas are fished by third parties, through which NGC receives a royalty.
NGC is also a partner in several ventures, through majority or minority ownership positions.
- Torngait Solutions Inc., (TSI 51%, ATCO Structures 49%) which provides site services to Vale at the Voisey’s Bay mine.
- NGC also has a 51% interest in Timmiak Construction, a joint venture with Bird Construction (49%). Timmiak bids on projects in excess of $10 million, and plans to bid on projects related to the Vale underground mine at Voisey’s Bay.
- NGC is a one-third partner in the Air Borealis. Air Borealis provides passenger and cargo service from Goose Bay to the five Nunatsiavut communities, as well as Natuashish.
- Universal Helicopters has shared ownership between NGC (40%), LICST (40%), and the Cape Fund (20%). Universal currently operates 35 aircraft from 12 bases throughout Canada and the United States.
Read our latest newsletter
Read the latest newsletter.
Join our team
Nunatsiavut Marine Inc. (NMI), a subsidiary of Nunatsiavut Group of Companies (NGC), is seeking a Port Manager based out of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. This position reports to the Operations Manager. Apply Now!